Thursday, October 6, 2011

Overgrown Teens

I am 48 but I don't feel like I am 48. I know I look younger and am healthier than many 48 year-olds. Perhaps it is because of the way I look and my health that I don't feel like I am 48? But I have never been 48 before so how do I know a 48 year-old man is supposed feel?

It is interesting. Recently someone created a facebook page, reuniting all my old church members. Majority of us now are in our middle age and the last time I saw these people I was in my early twenties. But I don't feel any difference the way we relate to each other. In fact, we respond to each others' posts like we were still at our teens. Picking on each other, teasing each other, and saying silly things to each other.

I wonder, do we really grow up? Or we are just, like one of my wise friends says, overgrown teenagers??

I wonder

Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment